need help

melborn1010

Joined Aug 28, 2014
can any one help me for my project .

Im using 555timer, relay ,PIR(motion sensor). When PIR sense a motion the circuit work and the 555timer trigger the 12v relay and when the motion is gone there will be a 4-5secs off delay for the relay to off.

thanks in-advance :)

melborn1010

Joined Aug 28, 2014
upload_2014-9-7_12-35-52.png

in this case circuit . you guys think this circuit working? what the value of resistor to have a 3-4secs offdelay? and what is the polarity of the capacitor , becoz when i made the circuit i confuse what is the polarity of the electrolytic capacitor. and in my country the 0.01uf is rare here , what you guys think the replacement of the c5? and it is fine if i use 2n222 rather than c547b transistor? thank you guys :)

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
One thing you can do for the delay is to pick capacitor that you do have available, and then it is simple matter to calculate value of the resistor that you need. If the value of resistor is something odd, you just use combination of series and parallel resistors to get the value you need. This way you completely avoid the problem of finding capacitor.

melborn1010

Joined Aug 28, 2014
One thing you can do for the delay is to pick capacitor that you do have available, and then it is simple matter to calculate value of the resistor that you need. If the value of resistor is something odd, you just use combination of series and parallel resistors to get the value you need. This way you completely avoid the problem of finding capacitor.

what is the polarity marking (+)( -) of capacitor in this schematic?