Need help with Voice chip

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Desert Rat, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Desert Rat

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 8, 2009
    I need to make a simple sound module that can record at least 60 seconds of sound and then be put in a loop so it can run continuosly. It does not have to be re-recordable. Can anyone help me?
  2. jp0304

Mar 11, 2009
    I'm interrested too by this kind of components i found the ISD2564P from Winpond , I' m waiting for it from my local distributors. The datasheet give some test circuits.

Winpond do a lot of this kind of components

waiting for your solutions

3. KMoffett

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 19, 2007
  4. Desert Rat

Sep 8, 2009
    Hi JP,

My knowledge in this area is VERY limited. I don't know if I need a CODEC chip, a ChipCorder, or what. I think there must be a very cheap way of making these, I do need at least 20, but I'm lost where to start. I have one by an unknown manufacturer and all it is comprised of is a board with a general amplifier and a small 8 pin IC that I cannot read the numbers on, no other electronics. Could the IC be just a memory chip that can run a program and play the sound?

Thanks for the response.

5. Tahmid

Jul 2, 2008
    Aplus (Taiwan) has some of such chips.
  6. THE_RB

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 11, 2008
    Why not try buying some of those greeting cards that ley you record a little message then play it back? With a battery attached they must be able to do what you need althoguh it might need an amp.

Or alternatively, this is a complete assembled PIC controller on a PCB that can play 30/60 seconds of sound (depending on sample rate) and has a tiny amp built in. Having a PIC on-baord (an open source firmware) you could make it control your whole device;
  7. Desert Rat

Sep 8, 2009
    Hi RB, Thanks for the info.

I have looked at the greeting cards with recording capability but I can't get them to play continuosly. I will have to research the PIC controllers and see if that will work. The robot brain was interesting but pricey.