Need Help with Triac and Phase Control Unit Not Working

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Thats the problem with it then, the speed voltage on pin 11 should remain constant,so pin 16 the reference pin must be giving out a fixed voltage, if it alters the chip is defective.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
ok if you have new chips, then measure the voltage on pin 16, it should be 7v constant, i think the capacitor that was blown is C11 as per page 2 of the datasheet diagram,

bwilliams60

Joined Nov 18, 2012
The voltage on pin 16 is -5.01v and goes to -6.04 V when it quits. I have had two new chips in with exactly the same results. Original chip would not even fire the motor at all.

bwilliams60

Joined Nov 18, 2012
Officially I am stumped.
I was a long time ago. Imagine that.

Try some ecstasy pills for some ideas and solutions. Be carful who you smile at though. Someone might get the wrong idea...
LOL, your alright.

my head hurts :confused:
Mine too. Let's take a break from this thread for a while. I will play with it when i get the inkling. Not sure but have i got the record yet for the most posts without a solution?
Thank you all for all your help. I will let you know if I ever solve it. I think I may breadboard this unit just to see if I can get it to work elsewhere. Or I may just go and buy the actual circuit board for it and then compare them to see where the problem is. Whatever, you guys are free to go. Thank you again

bwilliams60

Joined Nov 18, 2012
I could probably drive there, take a weeks vacation and drive back again for the time we have spent on this little gem. :confused: Anyways, lesson learned. Can't fix everything, but we can try.:D

spadana

Joined Nov 9, 2015
Hi , I want to make a driver (speed control) for single phase capacitor run induction motor.
according to this topic i like to know that can I use U208B or U211B IC for my circuit any body know better one ??????
motor data i want to make driver have
horse power 1/8
max ampere 1A
Pin 100w
1500 RPM

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Hi , I want to make a driver (speed control) for single phase capacitor run induction motor.
according to this topic i like to know that can I use U208B or U211B IC for my circuit any body know better one ??????
That IC is designed for Universal motors, 1ph cap run/start motors do not control well with Triac control.
They tend to drop out of run under load or low rpm.
Max.

spadana

Joined Nov 9, 2015
That IC is designed for Universal motors, 1ph cap run/start motors do not control well with Triac control.
They tend to drop out of run under load or low rpm.
Max

thanks MAX , But do you have any suggestion? any IC like this or a way like this. I have just only found HT6338 or HT6337 IC in this category.
can you help me with this?
thanks
sina