Need help with these connectors!

TheDud3

Joined Nov 19, 2016
Hi,

I opened my laptop to switch out the keyboard and while doing so disconnected some of the cables. I thought these were ZIF connectors since I couldn't find any latch to pry open, so I just pulled them out. While doing so, the white plastic connectors pictured below came off. Can someone help me and tell me how to put them back in ?

Here are the details in the attached images -
system board.jpg - the connectors where the cables need to go
cables front.jpg and cables back.jpg - front and back pics of the cables
connectors.jpg - the plastic connectors that came off when I tugged at them.

Sorry for the super noob question.
Thanks in advance for your help!!!

system board.jpg cables-front.jpg cables-back.jpg connectors.jpg

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
The white part was the latch. You slide it a little to loosen the connection and slide the ribbon cable out.

Try to push them back in.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
When you go to buy, remember that contact is often only on one side of the flexible cable. That introduces an asymmetry that you need to take into account. Looking at the #1 conductor with it at top, you can have both top surfaces available, both bottom surfaces available, and one of each available. The connectors are likely to be different for each.

John

TheDud3

Joined Nov 19, 2016
The white part was the latch. You slide it a little to loosen the connection and slide the ribbon cable out.

Try to push them back in.
Hi Joe,
Thanks for your reply.
So, does the white part go above the cable or below it ? Should I push it in before the cable or after I insert the cable to hold it in place. Do the comb-like teeth point outside or inside into the connector ?
Gosh, I wish I could find a picture of what it should look like.

TIA,
Norm