need help with physics lab

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by uaphysics29, Apr 23, 2012.

1. uaphysics29

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 23, 2012
    I have two circuits to design and I am kind of lost. if anyone would like to help, let me know, my lab is in a couple of days.
    Task*1:*
    Usingonly*DC*voltage,*create*a*circuit*that*blinks*two*LEDs*at*the*same*frequency*but*out*of*phase*by*180°*(this*means*that*whenever*one*LED*is*lit*the*other*is*off*and*vice*versa)*without*any*external*manipulations.***Although*you*may*have*multiple*connections*to*power*supplies,*the*circuit*you*design*must*be*a*single*circuit*and*not*simply*multiple*circuits*running*in*parallel.*
    Task*2:*
    Design*a*circuit*such*that*two*LEDs*will*each*light*up*over*their*own*range*of*AC*input*voltages*when*only*the*Wavetek*output*frequency*is*adjusted.**The*frequencies*that*light*up*the*LEDs*cannot*overlap,so*you*will*only*have*one*LED*(if*any)*blinking*(or*steady*depending*on*frequency)*at*any*given*frequency.**Your*overall*circuit*can*be*composed*of*smaller*circuits*running*in*parallelif*you*desire.You*can*decide*the*range*over*which*each*LED*lights*as*well*as*the*constant*input*voltage*signal*amplitude*you*want*to*use.***

2. Markd77

Sep 7, 2009
    That's hard on the eyes, I've fixed it for you.

3. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Task 1 sounds like the old "Blinky" circuit my kids made in high school. You might learn more using a 555 timer and a 4017 counter.

uaphysics29 likes this.
  4. panic mode

Oct 10, 2011
    what the heck are they trying to say in #2?
    do they want to differentiate voltage or frequency range?

5. uaphysics29

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 23, 2012
    they way i take it is they want the frequency to change and the voltage will stay the same

6. BillB3857

Feb 28, 2009
    For #2, I thought it was a freq compare circuit. One light on for Wavetek above reference and the other on for Wavetek below reference