need help with physics lab

uaphysics29

Joined Apr 23, 2012
I have two circuits to design and I am kind of lost. if anyone would like to help, let me know, my lab is in a couple of days.
Task*1:*
Usingonly*DC*voltage,*create*a*circuit*that*blinks*two*LEDs*at*the*same*frequency*but*out*of*phase*by*180°*(this*means*that*whenever*one*LED*is*lit*the*other*is*off*and*vice*versa)*without*any*external*manipulations.***Although*you*may*have*multiple*connections*to*power*supplies,*the*circuit*you*design*must*be*a*single*circuit*and*not*simply*multiple*circuits*running*in*parallel.*
Task*2:*
Design*a*circuit*such*that*two*LEDs*will*each*light*up*over*their*own*range*of*AC*input*voltages*when*only*the*Wavetek*output*frequency*is*adjusted.**The*frequencies*that*light*up*the*LEDs*cannot*overlap,so*you*will*only*have*one*LED*(if*any)*blinking*(or*steady*depending*on*frequency)*at*any*given*frequency.**Your*overall*circuit*can*be*composed*of*smaller*circuits*running*in*parallelif*you*desire.You*can*decide*the*range*over*which*each*LED*lights*as*well*as*the*constant*input*voltage*signal*amplitude*you*want*to*use.***

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I have two circuits to design and I am kind of lost. if anyone would like to help, let me know, my lab is in a couple of days.
Task 1:
Usingonly DC voltage, create a circuit that blinks two LEDs at the same frequency but out of phase by 180° (this means that whenever one LED is lit the other is off and vice versa) without any external manipulations. Although you may have multiple connections to power supplies, the circuit you design must be a single circuit and not simply multiple circuits running in parallel.
Task 2:
Design a circuit such that two LEDs will each light up over their own range of AC input voltages when only the Wavetek output frequency is adjusted. The frequencies that light up the LEDs cannot overlap,so you will only have one LED (if any) blinking (or steady depending on frequency) at any given frequency. Your overall circuit can be composed of smaller circuits running in parallelif you desire.You can decide the range over which each LED lights as well as the constant input voltage signal amplitude you want to use.
That's hard on the eyes, I've fixed it for you.

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
For #2, I thought it was a freq compare circuit. One light on for Wavetek above reference and the other on for Wavetek below reference