Need help with ORCAD 9.2

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by RWBUrroughs, Jun 26, 2013.

1. RWBUrroughs

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Hello, I am a student right now working towards my Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and Communication Technology. Currently I am in Power Electronics and use Orcad Capture and PSPICE to do our labs. On my laptop, I have a copy of ORCAD Lite Family 9.2. I created the circuit for our lab and created a simulation profile, but when I try to run the simulation the first time, a message pops up. The message says, "Failed to update system. Please try REGEDIT." When I press okay, then try to run the simulation again, everything works. Is there something i could do to fix this problem? I am able to complete my lab, but getting this message is quite annoying.

Thanks for any help anyone could offer me.

Richard

2. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    The error message says you didn't update your system registry when you installed the software.

3. RWBUrroughs

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Thanks Joe. What could I do to fix that? Do I need to uninstall and then reinstall the software? Thanks for your help.

Richard

4. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    If you reinstall, be sure to copy all the work you've done and models you added as that information might not be there when you get done.

That is the easiest way to fix that problem. However, when was the last time you ran cleanup, checkdisk and defrag? If the program can't read where the registry entry was located, you could get the same error.