Need help with integration of Arduino with a Face Detection & Recognition program in Matlab

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by hzk17, Nov 12, 2014.

1. hzk17

Thread Starter Member

Mar 20, 2013
    Hello all i have created a program which detects and recognizes the faces of the users it is still buggy, but it partially works it has a database which matches with the users photo pulled from the webcam, now i want to, connect Arduino with this program so when a face is recognized a pulse or data is sent to Arduino and a specific action is performed (i.e a motor will rotate, blink a LED, or unlock a door), how can this be done. Thanks.

2. shteii01

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2010
  3. djsfantasi

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 11, 2010
    Another way is to use putvalue in Matlab, to appropriately set a hardware I/O line. Connect this line to an Arduino pin and monitor it for the desired state. The Arduino can be programmed for any action you desire. While I have programmed Arduino, I am less familiar with Matlab and researched using digital I/O.

This uses two wires to communicate a simple state change, with minimal programming.

hzk17 likes this.
  4. batman007

Dec 1, 2016
    hey man i am working on a similar project . can u please tell me how did you maintain the database to match the photo pulled from webcam.would help a lot.

5. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    This thread is over two years old. Not likely the the TS is still listening.