Need help with circuit design

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by ccs tech, Dec 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccs tech

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 16, 2014
    I am fairly new to building custom circuits and need some ideas on how to make this system work. I am familiar with relays, transistors, diodes, resistors, and such. I am also able to solder and have some project circuit boards. I have a 2.5volt source that comes on and off at 2-3 second intervals for 5-6times when triggered, I need it to send just one ground pulse that can handle 1.5 amps at 12volt for just a few seconds.(like triggering door locks in a car) Im hoping to be able to build this with inexpensive parts that I can get easily. The exact use is im using the feed wire off a cell phones vibration motor to activate the accessory wire from remote car starters. When you text the phone it sends 2.5v 2 times and when you call it sends 2.5v 5-7 times. I need a circuit that on the first 2.5volt will send a ground pulse to the specified wire and also cut the input feed for 60 seconds or so to ignore other pulses. Any ideas would help out greatly.
  2. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    The owners of All About Circuits have elected not to allow discussions of automotive electrical system modifications/enhancements due to safety concerns, the potential of legal ramifications and the possible circumvention of vehicle regulations at the state and federal level.

This thread is against the AAC forum rules, Chapter 6, as seen here:

This can be found in our Terms of Service (ToS)

Here is a site that may provide you with some assistance: Electro Tech Online

Good luck.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.