Need help wiring 9v battery and DC jack

danger

Joined Sep 5, 2010
I assume this is a pretty basic task, but searching the forum I didn't find the help I needed.

I am wiring a 9v battery through the DC panel mount jack for my circuit so that I can use either one depending on the setting where it will be used.

Can someone point me in the direction of a diagram and/or explaination?

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
Get a 9V battery snap and the proper plug to fit the dc jack on your circuit from Radio Shack and be sure to observe the polarity.

danger

Joined Sep 5, 2010
Thank you. But I already know about the 9v snap-on and the DC plug. And I assume the polarity should be right.

The DC jack I have has 3 connectors. It does not come with directions. Hoping for a bit more in-depth assistance with the actual wiring. Thanks!

eblc1388

Joined Nov 28, 2008
Your post is not clear.

Do you have several 9V batteries or you have 9V battery and AC power adapter(9V DC output) that you want to use?

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010

You need to use an ohm meter and verify which terminals are connected to the plug when it is plug in. There will be one left and it should be connected to another terminal when the plug is removed. That will be you battery positive pin. It is disconnected by the insertion of the plug so the battery is not receiving any voltage when you use the adapter.