need help: water sensor/switch for audio playback

sdvz

Joined Sep 28, 2012
Hi everyone,

I have an arduino uno and have coded it to detect when a piece of plastic is submerged in water. When submerged, a speaker plays a short audio clip one time and won't play it again until the plastic has left and re-entered the water.

I detect the submersion by having 2 metal contacts in the plastic; basically 1 connected to 5V and the other to an input pin.

Now I would like to accomplish this without a micro-controller. I figured this is possible since it's basically like a audio greeting card except for the switching/activation mechanism. Could you guys shed some light on my situation?... Maybe some suggestions/schematics? Thanks!

SDVZ

sdvz

Joined Sep 28, 2012
at my current stage, using the arduino uno, i downloaded an audio clip and converted it to numeric form. with a PCM library i downloaded for arduino ide, i can play it with my arduino uno + speaker.

i know you can buy slide-tongue greeting card sound modules where you can record an audio clip, but im not sure how to interface this with a water sensor circuit. any ideas?

link to sound modules: http://www.soundexpressiongreetings.com/musical-greetings/sound_modules.html