Need Help to identify a component.

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Ma5cH, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Ma5cH

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Hi. I have a broken car amp, a Hifonics Brutus BX1205D. It´s a 1200W RMS @ 1ohm amp. It had broken (completely burn) switch-trasistors so I replaced them all, and now the amp does power up but directly goes in to Protection mode and makes a really high pitch noise from the switch. So I only run it a few seconds every time. But now I have located the problem. I found 2 broken transistors on the PulseWidthModulator card in the amp (See link for Picture) . I measured it with a oscilloscope, and what suppose to be a square-wave, looks like a 3-year old has been drawing. But the problem now is that I can't find the damn part anywhere. and all that is written on the part is BE RM. and I getting like a million hits on google but I have found none that is related to this yet.
    So Please, I would really appreciate the help. If you know who the manufacturer is or if you could point me in the right direction.

Link to the Pic of the transistor:

And sry for the poor English, I'm Swedish.
    Thanks alot in advance.
  2. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    I think what you have is a BCX55.

Check the datasheet. I think the RM is either the datecode or the manufacturer's location code.

3. n9352527

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 14, 2005
    Please refer to this post.

According to the above site, BE marking on SOT89 (which is what you have there) is BCX55, like what hgmjr said above.