need help solving a circuit problem

mnln1996

Joined Oct 16, 2009
im trying to solve this problem for a game were playing any help would be great. any questions please let me know.
thanks

Assume Ideal op-amp's. The Vout is the minutes to the latitude, and I_L is the minutes to the longitude. Be careful of round off error.

Last edited:

ELECTRONERD

Joined May 26, 2009
Welcome to AAC!

I would advise you to remove your email from these forums. The spambots will chew on your email relentlessly, which I'm sure you wouldn't like. Your question will get more attention if you stay within the forum!

mnln1996

Joined Oct 16, 2009
this is just a problem for a game on geocaching .com
its like a scavenger hunt it will end up with the long and lat to where the (prize) is hid its not a real board.

mnln1996

Joined Oct 16, 2009
its called geocaching
they give you the coordinates to where a cache is hidden and you have to go out and find it.
it is all over the world. anyone can play and its free unless you want to be a member.
some people come up with puzzles that you solve and that will give you the cords to the cache. this is one of them puzzles.
i figured i would post it on here and see if anyone could help me get it.

if anyone is interested in looking up the game its at www.geocaching.com
you might be suprised how many are hidden around you. and its fun.
thanks

CDRIVE

Joined Jul 1, 2008
Yes, the geocache sounds like fun but I don't get your circuit because Lat & Long are not going to be independent using Eo and Io. Using the output voltage vs the output current means that increasing either increases the other.

mnln1996

Joined Oct 16, 2009
im not sure and to tell you the truth you lost me. im not good at this stuff so thats why im posting it here. all i know is what he had posted and this is all he had wrote with itnot sure if thats is what your talking about or not. i alredy have the rest of the long and lat. this would just be the minutes. it would be 2 numbers (.) then 3 numbers (21.111)
"The Vout is the minutes to the latitude, and I_L is the minutes to the longitude be carful of round off"
thanks