Need Help Regarding Mux

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by charing, Oct 3, 2007.

1. charing

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 3, 2007
    Do you know the mastermind game? I need to make that kind of game using multiplexers... it has 4 colors and 4 LEDs per color... please help me...thanks! :)

2. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    It will be useful to know where you are in your electronics knowledge. Can you to provide a brief description of your level of familiarity with electronics?

Do you have any experience with microcontrollers? This is a perfect application for a micro.

hgmjr

3. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    I'm not familiar with the mastermind game. Can you post a description?

4. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
  5. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    I read the description four times and don't see the connection between the game and multiplexers.

6. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    I agree with papabravo. The level of complexity associated with the game of mastermind does not lend itself to implementation using a multiplexer.

I think that the use of a microcontroller will yield the greatest likelihood of success. Even then there are considerations on the best way to support the presentation of the 6 different colored game pegs. That is not counting the black and white pegs customarily used to indicate the number of matching pegs in each of the guesses.

hgmjr