Need help please wiring temp control in 4 wheel drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedgetail

Joined Oct 17, 2013
:):)Hi guys, I am back again for a little help if you have time.

I have bought a Sestos DIS-2R-24 temperature controller off Ebay. I was told it was simple to wire in but I am having a lot of trouble. I can get the display to light up but that is about all. It is a 12v - 24v controller and I am fitting it (trying to) into my Landrover Discovery. The standard temp gauge failed and it has just cost me a fortune in cylinder head work etc etc to get it going again. I want to totally avoid this problem in the future if I can. I would like the Buzzer to go off at 98 degrees celsius.:(:(

I have an address from the manufacturer that shows all the info that you guys might need. I will put the address here as I am not sure if the image will show up.

http://www.sestos-hk.com/english/download/d1s-en.pdf

On the bottom left hand side of the PDF document is the schematic for the DIS-2R. Thats the one. If you could tell me where the 12v buzzer connects. Where the power (- and +) connect and where the sensor connects then that would be great. The diagram has numbered connectors. I am pretty sure 10 is positive and 9 is negative input from the 12v car supply.

Also, on the right upper side of the document is the 'Settings and function description'. This has me totally bamboozled as i just don't know the language that you guys use. I know the Sn (input sensor) is set to '0' because it is a K type sensor I bought.

Please treat me like an idiot because I am!! I hope you guys have the time to help me and I appreciate any help you give me. Thank you and have a beaut day - Gerry (wedgetail):):)

Attachments

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Welcome to the AAC forum.

The owners of All About Circuits have elected not to host discussions of automotive electrical system modifications/enhancements due to safety concerns, the potential of legal ramifications and the possible circumvention of vehicle regulations at the state and federal level.

This thread is against the AAC forum rules, Chapter 6, as seen here:

6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised and however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
This can be found in our Terms of Service (ToS)

Automotive modifications of any kind are strictly forbidden. Therefore, this thread will be closed.

Please try to understand the reasons behind this action, and feel free to browse and use the forums.

You might find answers to your questions in one of these forums:

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=54400

Another good forum that shares many of the same membership is http://www.electro-tech-online.com/ . Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.