Need help on vacuum system

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Et@Work, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Et@Work

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 10, 2008
    I've got a 3 phase supply (380V), a vacuum pump+7hp. induction motor, a Float switch, and a 0.500kw. sintrifical pump, and a stop/start magnetic switch... The vacuum pump must run continuously but the sintrifical pump must run only when the float switch is activated. The whole system must be controlled from the stop/start switch. Please help

2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    How much electrical background do you have?

3. floomdoggle

Sep 1, 2008
    Hey ET,
    Explain more, like what you are trying to accomplish, then these guys can help. Motors, makes, why. It all helps.
    Dan

4. leftyretro

Nov 25, 2008
    This is pretty basic industrial electrical applications and manual start/stop and auto stop/start is performed via the motor starter equipment which also has to be sized correctly for the loads of the two motors.

You really should find a qualified industrial electrician or engineer as there are lots of ways to do it wrong or dangerously and just a few ways to do it correctly. 3 phase AC industrial power is not a good place to start learning about electrical controls. ;)

Lefty

5. Et@Work

Nov 10, 2008
    Thanx, this is why I'm trying to solf this problems in order to get a closer look and a better understanding about electrical systems ..et@work

6. Et@Work

Nov 10, 2008
    hi Bill. In 97 I've been working as a salesperson in Voltex Electrical holesales. I started as a general worker in 98-2000 doing house wiring, maintenence on small shopping complexes, golf corses, ect. 2005 I've started to work at an electrical contractor as an electrical "right hand" in mines around Mmapumalhanga South-Africa.Building substations,Wiring pullkeys. I've manage to lurn allot but still not enough. I've just complete building a dairy on a farm and I want to get some invo on connecting all these vacuum lines and flaoteswich to stop startcontroles.. Et@work