Need help on Limiting Diode Circuits.

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by Wing, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Wing

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Basically, i need help with identifying the output waveforms of Series and parallel diode with limiting voltage bias. Basically, I need to know that following waveforms for this quiz I am taking in NIDA, however the lesson on this is not clear at all on diodes.

1. Series positive with parallel limiting positive limiting voltage bias
    2. Series negative with parallel limiting negative voltage bias
    3. Parallel positive ""
    4. Parallel negative " "

I do know that when there is no voltage bias, the entire alteration is removed depending on whether the input is going through the cathode or anode. In series, it is opposite of the side it goes in, and in parallel it is the same charge alteration that is eliminated. However, I am having a hard time identifying when there is a partial alteration eliminated and the conditions behind it. Any help will be appreciated.
  2. KL7AJ

Nov 4, 2008

Hi Wing:

Is there a possibility you could build these circuits and look at the waveform with an oscilloscope? It will give you a lot more insight than just what the math will show you.

3. Wing

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Well, part of the lesson did tell us to look at it on an oscilloscope, however due to the settings the NIDA Console placed, the waveform was very difficult to see. I looked at an oscilloscope while changing the current flow with a variable resistor.