Need help on few calculation questions

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Do you have ANY of the questions answered?

Is there a particular one you are having problems understanding?

It is multiple choice, and about half the answers are blatantly wrong, leaving you with a 50/50 shot at it, unless you can't figure out which ones are obviously wrong.

We are here to help you learn, not simply give answers. No abilities are acquired by knowing the answer to a particular question, without knowing why it is the answer.

jx123

Joined Oct 16, 2010
Thatoneguy and others ,

I really do not know the answer of these multiple choices , and I like to learn and try to figure out by searching books and internet but still helpless .

So, I have to seek for help in this forum . If you have answers , please tell me . And if possible just drop some words to explain it .

If you think that the question and multiple choice itself are not correct , please point out which question has problem.

I really need the guide .

Thanks.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
In question 1,

Is the source AC or DC?

If AC, what is the impedance of the load (the 3 capacitors)?

If DC, what will happen?

Does current flow through the load?

jx123

Joined Oct 16, 2010
Thatoneguy ,

It is AC Source .
The impendance for these 3 capacitors are not given (unknown)
The current flow through all 3 loads

Which choice do you think could be the best answer, of course , please drop some explanation by your choice.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Thatoneguy ,

It is AC Source .
The impendance for these 3 capacitors are not given (unknown)
The current flow through all 3 loads

Which choice do you think could be the best answer, of course , please drop some explanation by your choice.
The symbol for the source is a battery. It has no frequency listed to be an AC source, which is needed to calculate impedance to solve the problem.

I think they are looking for what happens at the moment the battery is connected with all of the capacitors discharged.

jx123

Joined Oct 16, 2010
Thanks .

Understand your objectives want me to read and solve the problem by myself . Since I get stuck , so , I ask .

How about Q#3 to Q#7 ??

As I mentioned , I try but I fail , so, I ask the experts here .

If I can answer by reading it , then I won't post the questions for help .

If the experts have answers , why don't just direct point out and educate me instead of asking me to read and solve by myself .

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
why don't just direct point out and educate me instead of asking me to read and solve by myself
If we simply do that, what have you learned? What will you do then next time a similar question comes up?

The function of education is to provide you with enough general knowledge that you can apply it to specific questions/problems and arrive at a correct answer.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
If the experts have answers , why don't just direct point out and educate me instead of asking me to read and solve by myself .
Where did you get these test questions?

Beenthere pointed you to a set of books to assist you in educating yourself. You can ask specific questions, but, you must provide your own attempts at answering them.

Demanding answers won't get you a response.

jx123

Joined Oct 16, 2010
Beenthere,

The Q2 is positive feedback . Positive feedback creates a condition of hysteresis .
So, the resistors in this circuit should "provide hysteresis" .
Am I right ?

For Q6 , any suggested link ?

Thanks