need help on circuit with 2 loops and 3 voltage sources

becca02

Joined Jan 28, 2009
hey guys... i need help with a problem that has 3 voltage sources in parallel, where all resistors = 10 kilo-ohms. Im not sure how to deal with 3 voltage sources in parallel, but my hw question is to find all 5 current values.

thanks!

Attachments

GirishC

Joined Jan 23, 2009
hey guys... i need help with a problem that has 3 voltage sources in parallel, where all resistors = 10 kilo-ohms. Im not sure how to deal with 3 voltage sources in parallel, but my hw question is to find all 5 current values.

thanks!
You can use superposition theorem to find current component from each source and then you can algebraically add all of them to get actual current.

becca02

Joined Jan 28, 2009
we haven't learned that theorem yet. We're supposed to use the KVL and KCL theorems... thanks for your suggestion though.

There are only 3 currents in the circuit.In each circuit we have two opposing batteries then we have 6V and 20K ohm in series.Current I1 and I2 are 300 microamps.The third current I3 is the sum of these two currents sincethey are going both through the middle branch,and its value is 600 microamps.If the analisis of each "separate" circuit had shown a negative current value,it means current really goes in the opposite direction.Thus,if one current goes in one way through the middle branch and the other one goes in the opposite way,then I3 would be the difference of I1 and I2,I2-I1 or I1-I2.