need help on an eye blinking for sculpture

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by 2200, Oct 13, 2009.

1. 2200

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 13, 2009
    I am making a large outdoor sculpture. It has an image if a buck with a diamond eye that I would like to have blink when the viewer picks up a plastic gun (used in big buck hunter arcade games) and shoots it. The mechanical portion will be a steel half dome that pivots, and closes over the eye and back. I am trying to figure out if maybe the gun shoots a LED light goes to a sensor which then is attached to a selanoid, and to a switch or motor to make the half dome shaped lid shut and open quickly .. obviously I don't know what I'm talking about if you know of a better way, can you please help? It is outside and I want it to work when its bright and sunny out too. maybe like a garage opener? There must be a way. And how does power play into this?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  2. Bernard

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 7, 2008
    Maybe the gun could fire an ultrasonec sound burst that the buck could receive in his ear , amplified, detected,amplified ,finally triggering a solenoid to blink eye. How heavy is eyelid,& how large? Use rechargeable batteries [ 4 Ni-MH AA cells ] and solar charger. What is the firieing distance. What country?