need help, music machine dream

miltonbutterworth

Joined Nov 18, 2006
Hi..... I have a very limited understanding of electronics blended with a significant ambition. Any advice on where to start would be greatly appreciated.

I would like to build a device for live electronic music performance that has a number of sensors on it. When these sensors are pressed sound samples would “instantly” be sent out of connected speakers. (ie. there are alot of loops in my music so performers would have to be able to press sensors and recieve very very fast sound responses for tempo purposes.) Am unsure if it would then also need to be wired to a computer and some sort of program, but I would like the samples to be changed for each song.

My inquiry is to how I should go about creating this idea and what knowledge, technology and equipment would I require. Or perhaps who I should contact.

Thanking you
milton

Gadget

Joined Jan 10, 2006
A Computer with good quality sound card, along with suitable software.. (one of the digicart workalikes should work) with hot-key access, and a modified keyboard as your "sensor' pad.

Sonicart is a freeware one using F1 to F10 keys to trigger samples that I just found by doing a quick google