Joined Jun 9, 2011
Hye all...

im looking for a uC that have the following feature:

1. DIP type uC
2. have 2 rs232 serial port
3. got at least 8 input and 8 output
4. got TCP connection
5. the uC can be programmed by using usb

can anybody suggest to me any uC that have all those feature.
thnks for your help :D

Potato Pudding

Joined Jun 11, 2010
1 - You are limiting yourself by sticking to the old through hole chip formats. How open are you to other types? Other side of the question would be how firm is the requirment for a DIP?

2 - Communication protocols are an easy requirement - even for 2 connections. Purpose could make a difference.

3 - I am hoping you mean two ports and 16 I/O pins. Especially because you want a DIP chip.

4 - 2 - Communication protocols are an easy requirement - even for TCP connections. Purpose could make a difference.

5 - Do you mean it can be programmed with a USB connected programmer? USB pretty much a normal fact of programming devices. If you mean the μC is a USB device that can program itself, then you get into a smaller pond.

raremetalcaster

Joined Jun 9, 2011
1. im sticking to DIP because its easier to solder it to PCB. For testing and production purpose :D

2. the two rs 232 are gonna be use to control several motor

3. yeah, i mean at least two port and 16 i/o pin.

4. TCP protocol are for monitoring purpose

5. Yeah i mean it can be programmed with a USB connected programmer :D

any idea of what uC can be used?

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I found a few.

PIC18F43K22
PIC18F44K22
PIC18F45K22
PIC18F46K22

All available in 40 pin DIPs, 2 USARTs (232), oodles of I/O. They do NOT support TCP protocol, do you mean ethernet port?

There are inexpensive USB devices to program and debug these things.

Potato Pudding

Joined Jun 11, 2010
It will make it easier if you Spec one Ethernet uC and use it to check and report on the status. It can relay info to and from the other micro.

There are many choices if you want to work that way.

All through hole construction is getting to be a really tough proposition anymore.

Bite the bullet and try some smt soldering, don't deny the interesting possibilities out there. As someone mentioned to me, a liquid flux pen is the secret sauce. Proved a world of difference to me on some tssop led drivers. If you deal with any medium power mosfets, then no getting away from sot23 and soic devices.