Need help in Aptitude Question

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I think HP is finally beginning to see why so many people have given up on Ritesh and refuse to help him now. This behavior isn't new, he's done this from the beginning.
At this moment, this site is so littered with random posts containing trivial questions by RRITESH KAKKAR that I feel annoyed about how much sorting I must do to avoid them.:(

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
At this moment, this site is so littered with random posts containing trivial questions by RRITESH KAKKAR that I feel annoyed about how much sorting I must do to avoid them.:(
This is a valid criticism.

@RRITESH KAKKAR: It's one thing to bounce off the wall from topic to topic in your own threads. But when responding to threads started by others you need to put a lot more effort into sticking to the topic of the thread.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Not what I expected for your reply.o_O

Probably just another testament to why I shouldn't be a Moderator.:rolleyes:
If I thought you were only "whining" about his meandering in this thread, I would probably have pointed out that it is his thread and recommended that you simply ignore it (I still recommend that). But I realize that you are making a more general site-wide observation. While it would probably have been better-made in someone else's thread that he has been bouncing around in, the observation is still valid.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Two cars are traveling at 60 mph and 45 mph respectively. If the faster car travels two hours longer and twice as far, then:
What are the distances traveled by each car?
What are the operation times of each car?

Don't know how to solve?

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Two cars are traveling at 60 mph and 45 mph respectively. If the faster car travels two hours longer and twice as far, then:
What are the distances traveled by each car?
What are the operation times of each car?

Da=Sa*Ta
Db=Sb*Tb
faster car i.e. car a
2*Db=Sa*(Tb+2)
Db=Sb*Tb

Db=(Sa*Tb+2Sa)/2
Db=Sb*Tb

Sb*Tb=(Sa*Tb+2Sa)/2
45*Tb=(60*Tb+2*60)/2
45Tb=30*Tb+60
15Tb=60
Tb=60/15=4hours
So, Ta+2=6hours
Da fasted car Da=6*60=360miles
Db= 45*4=180miles
Inelegant, however correct!:)

@RRITESH KAKKAR -- I would be remiss did I fail to encourage your tracking of the units through manipulations and computations!!! -- Incredible though it may seem - said practice is new to me also:eek::oops: -- While, at this point, it may seem to be 'unnecessary extra work' -- the benefits in the way of 'intuitive accessibility' to your work will dramatically increase in value as you move on to more complex problems!!!:):):)

Sincerely
HP:)