Need help in Aptitude Question

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
IF the resistance between PQ is 3 Ω, then if follows that the resistance between PQ is 2.75 Ω.
What does this conclusion tell you about the claim that the resistance between PQ is 3 Ω?

PQ = 1+.75+1=2.75ohm
P'Q'= 2.75 x 1 / 2.75+1= .733

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Many people told me my mind changes does not focus on one goal.
I think we can attest to the accuracy of what many people have told you.

This will definitely continue to be a problem because these types of problems (and, hence, any technical field) requires that you be able to get focused on one specific task and then stay focused on it for however long it takes to work it through to a solution. Thus you may well not be a good match for any kind of a technical field. On the other hand, there are professions where being able to shift focus easily is a benefit and, in those areas, people that are good in technical fields often fail miserably. It's one of the reasons why good engineers are seldom good managers or leaders of large companies (there are exceptions, of course).

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
IF the resistance between PQ is 3 Ω, then if follows that the resistance between PQ is 2.75 Ω.
What does this conclusion tell you about the claim that the resistance between PQ is 3 Ω?

PQ = 1+.75+1=2.75ohm
P'Q'= 2.75 x 1 / 2.75+1= .733
Again, what do these answers tell you. We know that PQ and P'Q' must be the same. As long as you keep coming up with answers for the two that are different, what do you know about those answers?

Let's consider a different problem that has the same issue.

I measure the depth of a swimming pool using by knowing the area of the pool and measuring how much water is used to fill the pool (i.e., I measure the volume) and I come up with a depth of four meters. I then measure the depth of the pool by measuring the water pressure at the bottom of the pool and I come up with a depth of two meters. What do I know about at least one of these results?

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010

This will definitely continue to be a problem because these types of problems (and, hence, any technical field) requires that you be able to get focused on one specific task and then stay focused on it for however long it takes to work it through to a solution. Thus you may well not be a good match for any kind of a technical field. On the other hand, there are professions where being able to shift focus easily is a benefit and, in those areas, people that are good in technical fields often fail miserably. It's one of the reasons why good engineers are seldom good managers or leaders of large companies (there are exceptions, of course).
attest= provide or serve as clear evidence of.

To restate the problem:
If the network to the right has a resistance of RΩ and the single stage on the left has a resistance of 3Ω and connecting the networks in the described fashion yet results in a resistance of RΩ --- what is the value of R?

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010

People also say i am straight in nature, not business mind.
if i was i can start business of selling or teacher before or think about it.

That the resistance will decrease as the parallel path increases...
You may take my word for it -- It 'settles to' a finite non-zero value as the 'ladder' approaches infinity:)
People also say i am straight in nature, not business mind.
if i was i can start business of selling or teacher before or think about it.
I believe desire to excel at any subject grants one the ability to overcome obstacles thereto -- Nobody is born 'weak' in one area or 'strong' in another - it is all down to alacrity!:)

Source: much observation!!!:D:)

Last edited:

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
If the network to the right has a resistance of RΩ and the single stage on the left has a resistance of 3Ω and connecting the networks in the described fashion yet results in a resistance of RΩ --- what is the value of R?

2.75= = 3ohm +Rohm

Remember the rules for compounding resistors...:cool:

Also note that connection of the 'first stage' places one resistor in parallel with 'R" and two resistors in series with 'R'

Best regards
HP

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You keep insisting on using results that you KNOW are wrong!

If you calculate something one way and get one answer, and then you calculate it a different way and get a different answer, then you know that at least one, and quite possibly both, are wrong!

Go back and look at the diagram I provided.

If Ro is the resistance between P' and Q' (in the right half of the bottom figure), then what is the resistance, Req, between P and Q. This is a problem that you have already solved. Req is the series sum of two resistors of resistance R plus a third resistor, of resistance R, that is in parallel with Ro. Use that to write an equation for Req in terms of R and Ro.