Need help identifying this inductor

jellytot

Joined May 20, 2014
http://ridders.nu/Webpaginas/pagina_blokker_vonkcircuit/blokker_circuit_frametekst_engels.htm
I'm trying to recreate the "Original Blocker Circuit" as shown in the link above. I'm creating the parts list, but I'm having a hard time identifying the "bobbin". I believe it's some sort of inductor? Here are the stats: "The resistance of the primary coil of the bobbin is about 0.5 Ohm and I measure about 450Ohm for the secondary coil. The diameter of the bobin is 14.5mm and it length is 18mm." "The secondary coil of the bobbin increases this 100 volt to about 6500 volt"
I tried searching for something that looks like this item on the major electronic component sellers, but I didn't see anything that resembles it.

Can anyone identify this inductor or point me at a suitable replacement part? What are the stats I should look for in a replacement part?

Thanks!

jellytot

Joined May 20, 2014
Hi, I'm going to need more help than that. I went to Ebay and tried "car ignition coil". I didn't see anything that resembles my component. I also tried the terms "Inductor", "Transformer", "Coil Inductor", "Coil Transformer", but no luck. I did notice that it kind of looks like a "choke filter", but aren't those for filtering AC noise?

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
The circuit is a spark generator, using a 1.5v battery, the car ignition coil uses 6-12v to generate a spark, you can buy the gas igniter spark generator in your link from

here

Last edited: