Need help identifying this IC

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Up2NoGuud, May 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Up2NoGuud

Thread Starter New Member

May 2, 2015
    image.jpg Hi guys,

I've been trying to find information on the attached IC but am hitting nothing but dead ends in my searching... I was hoping one of you may recognize the manufacturer logo or that the numbers may make some sense to you. I've looked through a list of logos and googled the numbers but have not had any luck. Admittedly I don't know too much about IC's so may not be trying the right searches.

Any help would be appreciated :)

2. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    What device did this board (and chip) come from?

3. Up2NoGuud

May 2, 2015
    It is from a momentary push button switch with a built in 15 minute timer for heated mirrors.

4. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    Like side mirrors on a car (or exactly side mirrors on a car)?

5. Up2NoGuud

May 2, 2015
    Yep heated side mirrors on a car, toyota highlander to be exact. The timer function has stopped working. I've tested all resistors, diodes and leads and they checked out okay so I believe the problem to be in this IC. I'm perfectly comfortable soldering in a replacement but can't seem to find any information on it to track down a suitable replacement chip.

6. dl324

Distinguished Member

Mar 30, 2015
    Since it's an 8 pin dip and used for some timer function, trace the circuitry around the chip and make a schematic. Might be a 555 timer...

7. ScottWang

Aug 23, 2012
    Welcome to the AAC forum.

The owners of All About Circuits has elected not to host discussions of automotive electrical system modifications/enhancements due to safety concerns, the potential of legal ramifications and the possible circumvention of vehicle regulations at the state and federal level.

This thread is against the AAC forum rules, Terms of Service (ToS).

Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
    Automotive modifications
    Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
    LEDs to mains
    Phone jammers
    Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
    Transformer-less power supplies
    Terms of Service (ToS).

Automotive modifications of any kind are strictly forbidden. Therefore, this thread will be closed.

Please try to understand the reasons behind this action, and feel free to browse and use the forums.

You might find answers to your questions in one of these forums:

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=54400

Another good forum that shares many of the same membership is http://www.electro-tech-online.com/ .

Good luck.

8. Up2NoGuud

May 2, 2015
    This is a good point and if nobody can identify the IC or manufacturer logo then I'll probably draw up a schematic.

Also regarding the terms posted by Scott I did PM him to explain I am simply looking to replace a faulty IC and not modify or enhance anything in the circuit. However if that is determined to be coming too close to breaking the rules and the thread gets locked I can check on a different forum.

That being said if anyone is able to identify the pictured chip then I would greatly appreciate the help.

9. ScottWang

Aug 23, 2012
    Other moderator thought this should be close, so I will close it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.