Need help identifying this component

zag

Joined May 21, 2012
We have a large format LED digital photographic printer that is not working and we believe this component is to blame. We are hoping to identify it. It is labeled on the board as TB then a series of numbers in the photo you can see they are labeled TB31, TB30...
Thanks for any help!!

Attachments

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
TB often stands for terminal block or terminal board. Are you sure that the things you see labeled TB aren't just connection points as opposed to actual electronic components?

zag

Joined May 21, 2012
TB often stands for terminal block or terminal board. Are you sure that the things you see labeled TB aren't just connection points as opposed to actual electronic components?
No, I am not sure. I had googled terminal blocks and could not find anything that remotely looked like it. The original producer of this printer has gone away and I do not have schematics for it.
thanks for the help.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Are you talking about the entire assembly in photo? Because there are some components shown in the photo, most likely surface mount resistors and perhaps capacitors.

Maybe if you posted another photo of the entire assembly, that would help. I noticed that there are designations on the PCB that normally refer to power (VDD, VSS). If you suspect that the entire assembly is not functioning, the first thing to check is whether or not it is getting power.

zag

Joined May 21, 2012
Are you talking about the entire assembly in photo? Because there are some components shown in the photo, most likely surface mount resistors and perhaps capacitors.

Maybe if you posted another photo of the entire assembly, that would help. I noticed that there are designations on the PCB that normally refer to power (VDD, VSS). If you suspect that the entire assembly is not functioning, the first thing to check is whether or not it is getting power.
Thanks for the input. I will get a shot of the entire board. My guy here has verified the unit is getting power. The main reason we suspect this component (or block) is because there appears to be a burn mark and the connection seems to be damaged. It is very small and I can't get a shot of it.