Need help identifying & finding push-on terminal

seezee

Joined Feb 4, 2016
I need to make an auxiliary cable for a microswitch. The microswitch is mounted on a Packard pneumatic shutter & is used to trigger flash sync. The posts on the switch are ~1.5mm O.D. & the supplied cable has 2 push on connectors that go over any 2 of the 3 posts. I need to know what this type of connector is called & could use suggestions on where to purchase similar connectors. I've already tried Radio Shack & the local computer repair shops with no joy.

seezee

Joined Feb 4, 2016
Gee, thanks for the help. It's a crappy iPhone photo because its sole purpose was to show the microswitch — not to dazzle someone with my artistic & technical prowess. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go mix some darkroom chemicals.

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011
I couldn't tell it was a microswitch, which was kind of the point. I believe the switch manufacturers sell a connector and wire harness to fit.

seezee

Joined Feb 4, 2016
Incidentally, the posts are about ⅜″ apart, center-to-center. I have made enquiries with various electronics retailers who sell similar switches & they don't know of any connectors like the ones I pictured in my 1st post. Most of their end users are soldering permanent connections. But that's a no go for me; I need to be able to detach the cable when the shutter is not in use.

seezee

Joined Feb 4, 2016
Posting the solution, in case anyone else is looking for this connector:

I wrote to Packard Shutter, who identified the connector as an AMP product. I asked for clarification, but got no response — however, a Google search lead me to TE Connectivity. I made an enquiry with them and they were unable to match the product, but told me that the microswitch connectors were of the type known as "bullet terminals." A search on that led me to Digi-Key, where I found the connector, which, it turns out, is at TE/AMP product.

Package arrived this morning. The connectors are a little tight over the terminals, but they will definitely work. I'm waiting on the arrival of a cable from Amazon that I can cannibalize/convert tomorrow.

If you disconnecting a lot, consider the CPC Series 1 connectors: http://www.digikey.com/en/product-highlight/t/te-connectivity/circular-connectors

Unfortunately, they do require crimpers and a removal tool. The pieces have gone up significantly an dyou have to buy each piece separately; pins, housing; seals; strain reliefs. They are also available in std sex and rev-sex.
The crimp tool has gotten out of hand too, but you can find cheaper ones.

I made stuff for our in-house use in a lab and used a lot of these. One reason is they are re-useable with nearly no effort, but during my tenure, I never reused one.

Then there's the possibility of a switch?