Need Help for SMS Recieving and interpreting by 89s51 Microcontroller

ammarpk

Joined Jun 22, 2009
Hi everyone.
I need help in my project. I am making a project in which i can control my home appliances like fans,lights by Mobile SMS using Microcontroller 89S51. I am working in Assembly Language using pinnacle software.
Problem arises here when i want to interpret SMS through Microcontroller. When i send an SMS to mobile attached with microcontroller then how will it interpret the data it recieves from mobile.
I'm using AT+CNMI=2,3,2,0,0 which indicates at microcontroller for incoming message.
When i use AT+CMGR=0 for last unread message i don't know whether microcontroller reads the whole message at once or it reads character by character????
can anybody help me how microcontroller can be controlled by SMS???
Thanks in Advance

adventtech

Joined Feb 10, 2009
When you will send AT+CMGR=0 to read the sms, mobile(modem) will spit out whole sms terminated by \r\n and you will then need to parse the message accordingly
Regards

ammarpk

Joined Jun 22, 2009
so is there a way i can store the whole message in microcontroller registers or i have to use an eeprom to store that msg so that i can use it further?

sandraos

Joined Jun 8, 2009
Ammarpk,
that sounds like an interesting project. I would like to tackle that too. Could you post links to schematics and more information? Or perhaps links that point me in the right direction?