Need help for Infrared indicator

nobody0608

Joined Aug 4, 2012
The datasheet says that if the burst length is 1.8ms or more then a gap of at least 1.8ms must be made.

IR remote control is new to me too. I never made one. I just looked at the datasheets.
But the burst length I mentioned on #37 seem to be less than 1.8ms.
10 burst cycles + 10 gap cycles = 20 cycles [ (20 cycles)/(38kHz) = 0.5263 ms ]
The other also less than that. Then how to determine the pause?
(Is that my understanding wrong again?)

Btw, mind to show me the link of datasheet or model of IR receiver IC you refer to?
I didn't saw the emboldened statement above in the TSOP 18.. datasheet. =(

You seem to be close to re-inventing Sony IR protocol.

I would recommend that you read all about IR here:

http://www.sbprojects.com/knowledge/ir/index.php

Then click on the Sony SIRC tab at the left of the page.

Sony protocol is one of the simplest around, so you would do well to copy it. It already meets the requirements of most 3-pin receiver chips.

If you have a Sony remote available, then the transmitting part of the project is done for you.

Note that Sony use 40kHz modulation, but sending 40kHz and receiving with a 38kHz 3-pin receiver module always worked perfectly well for my projects, just with slightly shorter range.

.... just adding ideas for you to consider, though maybe not of use in your application, since you are not interesting in transmitting any data....

I seem to remember that simply transmitting 38kHz for 250us, transmitting nothing for 250us then repeating forever (modulating 38kHz with 2kHz) worked with my 3-pin receiver, and gave a good 2kHz signal out.... but maybe my receiver did not need the "pause" time that seems to be quoted in some datasheets.
Thank for sharing to me such a great and useful article. I will keep it in PC for referring purpose.
Done reading it but haven't dissolve fully.
I will try out the application of IR remote control after completed my own mini project. It seem fun to me. =)

Initially, I planned to learn the data transmitting as well, but due to my holiday duration and budget limit, so I just try to make things simple in my application. I just started the μc programming 2 month ago, and not yet fully understand the concept serial communication. This is because I thought it is not needed in my own mini project, so I just scan it through and skip the understanding process for a while.
If I want to learn the data transmitting via IR, I need to fully understand the serial communication, is it?

Hello,

This page of the EDUCYPEDIA contains links on the subject:
IR remote control

Bertus
Hi! Thank for your sharing. =)
I will try to read and understand those informations. =)

Last edited: