Need help for Home made audio amplifier

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by amaynew, Jul 10, 2007.

1. amaynew

amaynew Thread Starter Member

Guys, I suck at designing circuits and I was wondering if you could help me create a schematic for a 200W audio amplifier, and take note it must not use Op-amps. :)

And if you have Circuit design tips, I would gladly want to read them. Thanks. I wanted to learn how.
  2. cumesoftware

cumesoftware Senior Member

Well, I could give you tips, but the users of this forum usualy don't create circuits on demand. Please, show us what you have done so far. Post your circuit diagram so we can help.
  3. lightingman

lightingman Active Member

There are many designes for high power amps out there....First you must ask yourself what it will be used for, (general PA, high quality audio and so on)....Next,,, what type of amp.. (class A, class B) and so on.....What devices do you wish to use (bipolar transistors, MOSSFET''s or valves)...The design of audio power amps is a complicated proccess....Look at some other designes to get some ideas, but I don't think you could come up with anything ground breaking....Good luck...Daniel.
  4. JoeJester

JoeJester AAC Fanatic!

5. cumesoftware

cumesoftware Senior Member

If you are new to electronics, you can use a power amplifier IC for your amplifier. ST electronics has a wide selection (TDA2003, TDA2006, TDA2030, etc.). Venturing to discrete components requires a lot of knowledge.

Also, I would advice the use of class A or class AB if you wan't fidelity. Class B is more efficient that the previous classes, but it has higher distortion. Class A theoretically has no distortion, but is the least efficient. Class AB is the best of both classes (very small distortion and highter efficiency than class A - push-pull configuration). Class C is not an option here.
  6. thingmaker3

thingmaker3 Retired Moderator

7. mrmeval

mrmeval Distinguished Member

The 'no op amps' sounds like some neolithic techur requirement.