Need help finding metal snap dome

Koz-2112

Joined Oct 11, 2013
I am trying to locate this metal dome for use in a membrane switch. It is 8.4mm diameter, approximately 0.023” high. The tactile force is approximately 340 grams. The thickness of the stainless steel is approximately 0.0026”.
Note the location and definition of the ridge created from the stamping tool. This is more defined and in a location that is different than any other metal snap dome that I have seen.
This dome has the crispest snap of any that I have tried in 20+ years, so I am really interested in using these in several of the membrane switches that we manufacture.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
I am trying to locate this metal dome for use in a membrane switch. It is 8.4mm diameter, approximately 0.023” high. The tactile force is approximately 340 grams. The thickness of the stainless steel is approximately 0.0026”.
Note the location and definition of the ridge created from the stamping tool. This is more defined and in a location that is different than any other metal snap dome that I have seen.
This dome has the crispest snap of any that I have tried in 20+ years, so I am really interested in using these in several of the membrane switches that we manufacture.

Thanks for your help.
Some disposable cameras use those - the camera shop takes out the film and chucks the camera in a sack that goes to a recycling firm.

If you ask nicely, they might give you a couple of cameras to take apart, but they sell the sack to the reclaimers, so they may ask a nominal amount per camera.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
is google broken?

nope.. a search for this yields many manufacturers..
"tactile membrane dome"
Come on, guys! The OP is looking for the specific manufacturer, not a general solution. He points out the edge and asks if it looks familiar to anyone. He wants this particular model because it is paricularly "crispy".

Welcome the new member and offer him the help he requests (if you have a direction).

Welcome, new member. I am sorry I can't help but I am known to fall in love with some little engineering wonders as well. Some little things like "switch feel" just brings another level of quality perception when it is done right.

Koz-2112

Joined Oct 11, 2013
The search continues.....While the Nicomatic dome is a matching style, it is not the specific dome I am looking for. Thanks for trying mcgyvr!