Need Help Designing Gerber Layout For Printing

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by jwilli, May 14, 2009.

1. jwilli

Thread Starter Active Member

Apr 21, 2009
    I've got a circuit board layout (image) and it's a simple layout with just a handful of components, 2-sided. I need someone to design it on the computer so that I can make my own slight modifications to it then submit it to a company for printing.

The image is below. Is there someone who might be able to put this in Gerber format for me? I'd be willing to pay a reasonable price.

[​IMG]

2. mik3

Feb 4, 2008
    Why don't you design it and want to pay?

3. jwilli

Apr 21, 2009
    Because I lack the skill level to properly design this to make it ready for printing. I think someone skilled in these programs can do a much nicer job in 30min than I can do in 5 hours.

4. mik3

Feb 4, 2008
    This is the time to improve your skills. :p

5. jwilli

Apr 21, 2009
    I have the schematic drawn up if that will help anyone...

6. THE_RB

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 11, 2008
    It sounds like a reasonable request Jwilli, but your post title might be confusing or putting people off.

Instead of "designing gerber layout for printing" maybe you could ask "please layout this PCB for me to get it made" as the task is commonly called PCB layout. :)

7. StayatHomeElectronics

Sep 25, 2008
    Just out of curiosity, what is a "reasonable price" for this type of design?

8. jwilli

Apr 21, 2009
    Sorry about the title confusion... I dont know how much time, etc. it would take someone experienced to do this, so I was hoping for some of you to tell ME your price for doing it.