Need help cannibalizing a Motion sensor

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Four series diodes [ 1N 4002 etc. ] would reduce 12V down to about 9 V.Yes you can do it. I was using just one bright LED , but a relay or transistor switch can easily be added. The sale may be over but try.

pbalien73

Joined Dec 13, 2008
Can you show me how to do this? I ordered 3 of them, they are still in stock and on sale. I need it to function off of 2 6v lamp batteries wired together to make 12v power supply.

pbalien73

Joined Dec 13, 2008
one light per box. all I know is they are 12volt (came out of a vending machine) they light up fine with the 12 volt battery source. Just need to wire in the ir sensors so that they come on with movement or heat (to save battery life).

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
I tried this circuit using 5 Christmas tree lights. Timing is from 5s to minutes. Wire colors not critical but try for 3 different. D2 is a white LED, D3 any gp Si diode, used 1N4007 because I had them. The neg. battery connector is the same as black wire.Insulate cathode of LED and solder to bottom of + terminal,there is already a spot of solder there. AAC not accepting 2009 file? Going to submit before I loose this much.