Need help calculating magnetic coil power specs

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The output of a VFD is a 3 phase supply, when using two phases only of a 3 phase supply, it is essentially single phase.
Two phase requires another reference point.
Max.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Experimenting with frequencies in the range of 1 Hz. to say 20 kHz. is not likely to produce much in the way of useful results. All of the alleged harmful electromagnetic radiation happens at much higher frequencies.

The one exception to this is power transmission lines. Here, I am quite sure that you have neither the skills nor the equipment to experiment with those power levels. As a matter of personal preference I'm going to make no further contributions to this thread. IMHO this is all quack science, in the same vein as HHO and overunity; the thread should be closed.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
It's a little more complicated. When you wind your coil it will have inductance. So the current in the coil will depend on the inductance of the coil and the frequency. The current will be high at the low frequencies and lower at the high frequencies. Z=2 pi FL. Think of Z as resistance. The inductance depends on the diameter and length of the coil. So you need to pin those down a little better.
My calculation say 10 lbs of 14 awg wire is about 425 feet for those that want to play.

Last edited:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I'm not quite as negative [as Papabravo] yet, since I do not yet see anything that is outright dangerous. I've been amazed by what small currents can do in a medical device, so I cannot dismiss the notion that magnetic fields might have a useful physiological effect. But this is not a new area - I'd take the time to read the literature first.

I think the easiest thing for the OP to do is to pulse the coil using an audio amp, with a signal provided by any smartphone running a signal generator app. This may not work down below 10Hz or so. For very low Hz, you may need a DC power supply instead, along with a switching circuit. Not sure, but the big coil may have a DC resistance in the low ohms region and the impedance would rise with frequency. In other words it would be OK for the audio amp, but they're awfully cheap anyway.

The magnetic field strength would be MUCH greater if there were a core in the coil, not just air.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Hmmm, more power.....:p

If you used your 10 lbs to wind a 5" diameter coil you could run it at 120 volts at 18 amps at 40 hz. You could try it first at 60 Hz.
Be careful you don't suck all the iron out of your blood.:eek:

ElectromagnetNewbee

Joined Jul 13, 2014
Thank you all so much from the bottom of my heart. I'm currently using smaller coils and large neodymium magnets to rid myself of inflammation in my brain, face and neck using the north pole as north kills inflammation in the body and south pole causes cell regeneration. using it I was able to get off all my medication, antidepressants,, adderall and clozapam (anti-anxiety drug). I'm just trying to heal myself.

watch this youtube video for more info if you like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7xdAAeRmB4

ElectromagnetNewbee

Joined Jul 13, 2014
from my understanding, this information has been suppressed because the evil government wanted to militarize this type of technology (like HAARP) to harm us instead of healing us; leaving us dependent on a corrupt medical system that poisons us with fluoride and chlorine in the water, poison in the food, poison in vaccines, chemtrails, it goes on and on.

Here is a formula for a multilayer air core coil that gives a fair approximation of the self inductance.
r = mean radius of finished coil
N = # of turns
b = coil section thickness
l = coil length

Inductance L = 0.8 (rN)sq. / 6r + 9l + 10b

You can estimate the dimensions, ( knowing the wire size & length) to see what your finished coil will look like. Almost all the power (P) in the coil will be reactive XL = 377L (for 60hz.), then P(watts) = Vac x XL.

For an air-cooled (normal convection) coil, a figure of 1/2 watt per sq. in. of surface area should give you workable design; ie warm coil, but not toasty.

Cheers, DPW [ Everything has limitations...and I hate limitations.]

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
someone has been giving you false information, neodynimum magnets do not operate at "earth frequencies" whatever they are, and do not have any frequencies they operate at at all, they are a steady state magnetic field. only changing if you heat them up real hot, when they loose their magnetic properties, or over gelogic times (really long times)

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
from my understanding, this information has been suppressed because the evil government wanted to militarize this type of technology (like HAARP) to harm us instead of healing us; leaving us dependent on a corrupt medical system that poisons us with fluoride and chlorine in the water, poison in the food, poison in vaccines, chemtrails, it goes on and on.
This is straying off topic, but the evidence for any of these claims is non-existent. I am deeply in favor of liberty over tyranny, and believe that big government is the biggest threat to our future, and yet even I don't buy into these conspiracy theories. Government is just not competent enough to pull them off. And the overt damage done by government is plenty, no need to worry much about the covert stuff.

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
HAARP does not operate near 40 hz, that frequency would not parpagate very far if it did, from pictures of HAARP, there arent any elf antennas there, they would be huge. there are already many transmitters on the elf band, and I dont here any voices in my head from them.

1/2 watt/ sq. in. of coil surface is about maximum for ambient air cooling. Forced air will give you a little more cooling.

Cheers, DPW [ Spent years making heaters out of op-amps.]