need explaination in my circuit

alapeh

Joined Mar 17, 2012
hi all electronics experts and pros.. i need some explanation on my ecg circuit.

this is my ecg circuit diagram.
please kindly help me as i am not very sure.
i need advice and explanation

from what i know, op amp 1 is rc low pass filter,
electrode 1 connects to op amp 3 and its a non inverting op amp for amplifying.
electrode 2 connects to op amp 5 and its a non inverting op amp for amplifying.
electrode 3 connects to op amp 6, it is a invering op amp.

what about op amp 2 and op amp4? what are they acting as, what are they use for in this whole circuit? are they also amplifying? i thought op amp 3,5,6 are already amplifying? can and pro explain to me ?

can any 1 also please explain my whole circuit and let me have a better understanding ? :confused::confused::confused:

i really appriciate it. thanks!:)

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
An old 741 opamp is too noisy to be used in an ECG circuit. The resistors in the circuit must be extremely well matched.

Therefore an instrumentation amplifier IC has been used for many years. It has low noise opamps and extremely well-matched resistors built-in.

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
Could you please upload a diagram with higher resolution. Labels such as signal names and some other values cannot be read reliably with the present diagram.

For instance, this thing seems to be running off a single 5V supply, ( too low ) and the extra amps may be to establish a half - rail, but we can't really see.

PS some of the wire crossings look like JFETS - very confusing at first glance!

alapeh

Joined Mar 17, 2012
http://picturepush.com/public/7973490

this website show a clearer version of my circuit,

i used 741 for simulation purpose only.
i admit that i am not very good in my electronics. this circuit was plan and design with my project supervisor. however, i need to understand the whole thing before my project presentation.

Thank to those who help me with this!

alapeh

Joined Mar 17, 2012
thanks for the help, can any 1 tell me what is op amp 2 and op amp acting as ?

and i am right to say that, op amp 3 ,5 and 6 act as a instrumental amplifier and op amp 1 is a rc low pass filter.?

thanks!