need diagram help, have a symbol in have never come across (part from washing machine)

Xnavycub

Joined Oct 3, 2016
20161003_212157.png I am new to this site, but have anot education in electronics, mostly in digital. but plenty of experience in analog as well. however I have a washing machine I need to troubleshoot and I am sure it is a switchuge problem. only thing is I have never ran across this particular symbol on a circuit diagram (see pic). i thought the double arrows were for a relay, but the physical wiring has no relays in these runs. so does someone know what these are? I am sorry if this seems a stupid question or has already been addressed.

Xnavycub

Joined Oct 3, 2016
Is there no legend as to what 8 or 10 is?
They could be contacts in the run timer.
Or trace the YL (yellow) conductor.
Max.

unfortunately no, I have searched and searched online for a more complete diagram, but to no avail. however I kinda figured it out. I believe the double arrow symbol is a switch. in this case I think it is the timer switch which actually connects and turns on the motor. the switch I think is bad is the speed selector switch, which explains why it is only agitating and not spinning. but thank you for reminding me to fully trace the wires, after reading your reply, is when I went back and figured it out. besides i pulled the speed switch, put my multimeter on it and YEAP that was it.. now just wish me luck on finding the switch.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Those symbols are used for contacts. They could be a switch, relay, timer, programmer, etc. Maybe an exploded diagram also has 8 or 10 in a circle to identify what they are,

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
however I kinda figured it out. I believe the double arrow symbol is a switch. in this case I think it is the timer switch which actually connects and turns on the motor. the switch I think is bad is the speed selector switch, which explains why it is only agitating and not spinning. but thank you for reminding me to fully trace the wires, after reading your reply, is when I went back and figured it out. besides i pulled the speed switch, put my multimeter on it and YEAP that was it.. now just wish me luck on finding the switch.
What does the sw look like do you have a pic?
Max.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Seems to me that "regular" and, "gentle" would be a front panel control. If it isn't a separate, single switch, it's probably in the timer. And remember, some machines run the motor in reverse to switch from agitate to spin.

ps, I told the moderators maybe this should be in the Technical Repair forum. I don't like the title, but that's where I keep finding appliance repairs.

Xnavycub

Joined Oct 3, 2016
hey, thanks everyone, yeah I kinda got there just a lot slower.. those are all mechanical contacts within the timer, and thanks also for linking the whole schematic. again I apologize if this was in the wrong forum, just wasn't sure. but after a few days of reading through some other pages, I'll get the hang of this. but a big thanks to yall. oh and I ordered the switch, should be washing clothes before the weekend..