Need desperate help on BJTs

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by iflabs, Nov 28, 2006.

1. iflabs

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 14, 2006
    I'm having trouble in lab of my course and this post is my last hope. I just spent three hours trying to figure out how to measure Base Current, Collector-Emitter Voltage, and Collector Current with a 2N3904 transistor on a breadboard. The three hours were wasted as I came out with no results.

Here's the lab for reference (LAB 6 page 12 and 13 of the following link): Lab Manual_1.doc

Worst of all, I have will have a quiz on BJTs. Could someone draw wiring diagrams on a beardboard with a 2N3904 transistor that measures the following? I'm speaking of a common-emitter configuration.

Base Current
    Collector-Emitter Voltage
    Collector Current
    Collector Voltage (is this the same as Collector-Emitter Voltage?)
    Small Signal Beta

If you were measuring Collector Current versus Collector-Emitter voltage for a fixed Base Current, does that mean you supply a voltage to the Base lead of the transistor (therefore giving it fixed current), then apply several different voltages to the Collector-Emitter leads and record down both the Collector Current and Collector-Emitter Voltage?

I would also like to know how you would go about measuring the voltage/current gain of a simple transistor.

Definitely appreciate the help and would kill for it.:D
  2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004