Need assistance reversing hand drill

coolmack

Joined Jun 10, 2016
do not have the original switch anymore, got misplaced. I put it where I could remember where I put it, but can't remember where I put it.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
The TS, post #4, made it clear it was a Bosch, reversible hammer drill. What is so hard to understand about that?

John
You might have nothing better to do than read every single post...............................

In the OP - both subject line and message body asked how to wire a switch to make the drill reversible.

You can split hairs all you want, but the wording of the OP seemed clear enough.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
The TS didn't say it was a reversible drill, and asked how to wire a reversing switch.......................
No, he didn't say it was a reversible drill. He DID say the drill's Fwd/Rev switch was bad (Post #4). I thought it a reasonable conclusion that a drill with a Fwd/Rev switch was thus reversible (at some point in time).

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
No, he didn't say it was a reversible drill. He DID say the drill's Fwd/Rev switch was bad (Post #4). I thought it a reasonable conclusion that a drill with a Fwd/Rev switch was thus reversible (at some point in time).
Not in post one he didn't:

"I am trying to reverse a hand drill with a DPDT switch, need a little help on how to wire it.".

Like I said - you may have nothing better to do than read EVERY SINGLE POST. I answered the question that the TS asked - and now you won't stop whittering on about it.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
@Colin55

Have you drilled many holes in dense concrete? How big? How deep?

A hammer drill makes drilling concrete not much more difficult than drilling wood.

John
Depends on the concrete - I've encountered stuff that just grinds the end off the bit.

Breeze block, some bricks and occasionally concrete cut just fine without selecting the hammer function.

My cordless isn't hammer, so the weaker materials are a big relief in places I can't run an extension lead.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Some concrete (really cheap stuff) can be cut with a shovel. In fact, the DOT (independently of me) developed a friable concrete for barricades at toll booths. I did the same for concrete around my barn -- it is hard enough to discourage ground hogs. but not so hard as to screw up by mower.

My post include the word "dense," meaning >3000 psi concrete. Is that something else you didn't have the time to read?

John

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Not in post one he didn't:

"I am trying to reverse a hand drill with a DPDT switch, need a little help on how to wire it.".

Like I said - you may have nothing better to do than read EVERY SINGLE POST. I answered the question that the TS asked - and now you won't stop whittering on about it.
Oh, I've stopped. Any point that I wished to make has been made.