Need an Eagle lbr file

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by R!f@@, Sep 6, 2010.

1. R!f@@

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    Hi Guys
    I am looking for the TB6560 eagle lbr File.
    I have seen .sch schema's which means they are from eagle containing the chip.

I have been googling for a while but can't seem to find it.
    Any leads guys?

Thanks

2. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    check out-spark fun electronics on google

3. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    Did you try a search for "TB6560 eagle" on Google?

Look, it's not that hard to make new devices in Eagle. Just read the datasheet, and wire it up/

4. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    Which package do you need? John

5. R!f@@

Apr 2, 2009
    I did everything above. googlin in every text.
    I do that before asking for lbr. I get plenty but not this one.

package is HZIP25-P1.27.

I never tried to make a package yet

6. BMorse

Sep 26, 2009
  7. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    It is not hard. Just use the information in the data sheet. In this case I would first create 25 pads in a line setting the snap grid to 1.27mm or 50 mils. Then set the grid to 2mm. select every other pad. Use pad 1 as reference point. Then move all the selected pads one snap grid in on the Y axis. I am not sure it should be up or down in this case. Then you have your framework done. All pads are placed with correct spacing. Edit hole size and pad size to what you prefer. Add keepout layer and you are done. I do not use Eagle but the steps will be simlar in your ECAD tool. It will take you no more than 10 minutes. A note about the hole size. It look like all pins do not have the size.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  8. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    You really have to be careful about using someone elses' Eagle library.

Some of the libraries that I've downloaded even from Cadsoft's user-uploaded library had very poorly laid-out parts in them.

Also, there is a danger of copying a part out of someone's schematic that was done with a "cracked" version of Eagle; if you've used such a part in a schematic and/or board, you eventually won't be able to open the schematic/board any more.

It's really not that hard to create a part once you get the hang of it, but you'll probably goof it up the first few times.
    Here is the beginning of SparkFun's Eagle tutorial:
    http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/tutorial_info.php?tutorials_id=108

Creating a part is covered in Lecture 10, but I recommend starting off with Lecture 8.
    If you want to ignore the beginning part, you'll later wish you didn't - but here's the link to Lecture 10:
    http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/tutorial_info.php?tutorials_id=110

It's not as bad as they say it is. Like anything, practice makes perfect. If you goof up the library part, your board will either be useless, or require modifications.

Don't forget to leave plenty of room around this IC for your heat sink. If you don't, you will be very sorry.

9. R!f@@

Apr 2, 2009
    Thanks guys.
    I'll check them B

Sgt. U make it sound so easy.
    I really donno why I some times go blank concerning simple things

I am trying to make a driver as u guys suggested.
    It seems quite easy to make one when I went through the data sheet.

I wonder why the ready made ones uses so many components. Like pull down R when the chip has them inbuilt.

By the way . I think I will post my own design of the schema rather then a modified version of some one else

10. R!f@@

Apr 2, 2009
    Hey B
    Where did you get that. I found a lot but not that one u gave.
    Thanks buddy. I will make the changes like adding the opto's and Led's

11. DonQ

May 6, 2009
    Very much agree.

Besides the somewhat acceptable typos, I've seen swapped pins on 3-pin regulators, multi-gate parts in a single rectangular schematic symbol, mis-named package types, wrong size pads on BGA devices, on and on and on...

If it's got more than a few pins (in the one case, 3 pins), it's usually not even worth trying to find something close to use as a template for editing. You spend more time checking it than making it yourself.

It's a shame, but that's the way it is.

12. BMorse

Sep 26, 2009

It was from a CNC forum....... You can open up the eagle sch file and just delete everything except for the IC you are using, then design your circuit around that, I basically just wanted to provide the IC footprint you were looking for... you can check the footprint of the IC to see if it matches your actual device by printing out the board image and placing the component on the printout, eagle usually prints out the board image as the actual size...

B. Morse

13. R!f@@

Apr 2, 2009
    Thanks BMorse.
    The foot print matches.

So the rest will be updated in the other thread