Need a timed, engine shut down circuit

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by LondonI, Dec 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LondonI

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 25, 2012
    I am new to the site and want to say Hi. I need a circuit that I could use spark induction from a spark plug wire , On the first spark it has a 7 sec. timer, when engine runs above 3k RPM's within the first 7 sec it will kill the coil so there will be no spark. After 7 sec. engine runs normal. thanks If anyone can help me with this

2. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
  3. LondonI

Dec 25, 2012
    This is not for automotive if that's what you mean. I need it to shut a ultralight 1 cyclender engine down .

4. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    I'm guessing that would be off limits too. The reason for the automotive restriction is one of liability. I would thing an ultralight would be x10 of the automotive liability.

But mods will have to weigh in.

5. LondonI

Dec 25, 2012
    This is more of a safety thing , I need somthing that will shut the engine down while on the ground say if the throttle was stuck wide open while is was being started . Now if the engine was stuck wide open at first start that would be 10X worse then a car I just want to prevent that .

6. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    That may be your intention, but that is irrelevant. What happens if the device is activated while in flight. This kind of system is a bad idea because it cannot be made safe. It is the same for a device connected to the mains without an isolation transformer. This is the board of little sympathy and zero tolerance.

7. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

I am closing this thread as it violates AAC policy and/or safety issues.

It is not directly automotive, but safety can not be garanteed.

Quote:
    6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
    • Automotive modifications
    • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
    • LEDs to mains
    • Phone jammers
    • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
    • Transformer-less power supplies
    This comes from our Tos:
    Terms of Service
    There will be enough sites where automotive questions can be discussed :
    Member selected automotive forums

Bertus