Need a hand with Class A amplifier desgin and simulation..

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by tedzxavier, Mar 3, 2013.

1. tedzxavier

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Hi! Good day to everyone! Im a freshman student and i've been working on a project my teacher has given me last friday. He wants me to produce a schematic diagram and a simulation of a Class A amplifier that is a voltage-divider kinda looking with the emitter resistor being bypassed by a cap. The hard part here is the designing part to which i am a newbie. He wants the circuit to have a voltage gain of 4200 & a bandwidth of 20 kHz. The DC source should be 12 V. It's on me (or you) to decide whether BJT or a FET be used as long as the parameters mentioned above can be provided. Lastly, he instructed that if the gain found is less, one can use OP AMP (l have little knowledge on this) for it to be fixed. I will be truly grateful if anyone here can assist me on this problem...Thanks in advance!!!
  2. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    That seems like quite an assignment for a freshman.

The way things work around here is that that you need to show your efforts, such as they are, to work your problem (and don't ever loose sight of the fact that it is YOUR problem).
    thatoneguy likes this.

Nov 30, 2010
    This seems like quite a lot to ask of a single transistor. Eager to see what you come up with. (Personally, I'd try to use a jfet because of the low noise aspect.)