Need a circuit designer

Justin Paur

Joined May 1, 2015
Hi, I'm not much of a regular reader or contributor to the forum, but I'm looking for help designing a circuit for a small personal project I'm doing. I wondering if anybody has the availability or interest to do a design for a nominal fee, or if you could point me to a place where I could have that done. This would be a pretty small but custom circuit, probably initially utilizing an Arduino. I appreciate the help.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
There members who have personally completed projects for members, I've done about 9 but too old to use Arduino; a little more detail on project might help.

Justin Paur

Joined May 1, 2015
Thanks Bernard, it would likely be a DC circuit, probably 9V to 12V with an ionizer element to it. I don't know if an arduino is really necessary, but I thought it might be the easiest way to accomplish what I'm looking for. I can't go into too much more detail without getting a non-disclosure in place, as this is for an idea I have.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
If you want non-disclosure agreements, then it isn't a "personal" project. You can expect to pay something between $50 and $150 per hour for engineering services.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
NDAs are the kiss of death as far as I am concerned.

"Ideas are worth less than a dime a bale in ten bale lots"
--Don Lancaster

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Personally, I'm pretty cheap at between $80/hr and $125/hr depending on the project. But then I have pretty low overhead and am not really looking for work (especially right now). For simple stuff that someone with a bachelors SHOULD be able to do, you should be able to find someone to do it for $50/hr or even less. But for projects that are more finicky, you will pay more (though probably pay less in the long run) for someone that knows how to do that kind of project.

Justin Paur

Joined May 1, 2015
Yeah, it could been seen as engineering services. The reason for the non-disclosure is I made a patent for a larger device that this is going into, and if I tell somebody about it without an NDA it's considered a public disclosure which would shut the door on some international patents (that's a little ahead of where I'm at, I'm just trying to be prudent). I believe this is a relatively simple circuit, taking pieces from other circuits, but I'm definitely not the expert.