Need 3sec to 10sec control motor

mpcotuong

Joined Aug 26, 2010
Hi All,

Please help me or point me the circuit control the motor run from 3second to 10 second and stop. The input circuit from 2V to 5V and motor run from 5V to 12VDC.

Thanks,
Kevin

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Do you want to push a button, and then run the motor for 3 to 10 seconds? The simplest thing I guess will be a 555 timer configured as a mono stable (one shot) circuit. The 555 will most probably not be able to drive the motor. So you will need some sort of driver circuit also. How much current do your motor draw?
To get you started Google 555 timer Mono stable. This forum are also full of such circuits.

mpcotuong

Joined Aug 26, 2010
Do you want to push a button, and then run the motor for 3 to 10 seconds? The simplest thing I guess will be a 555 timer configured as a mono stable (one shot) circuit. The 555 will most probably not be able to drive the motor. So you will need some sort of driver circuit also. How much current do your motor draw?
To get you started Google 555 timer Mono stable. This forum are also full of such circuits.
Thanks, again. I need input of 2V to 3V for turn on the Motor and need it run for 3 to 5Second or less than minute.

soda

Joined Dec 7, 2008
I'm not sure what more you want to know, but change the 100uF cap with a 10uF and then change the pre-set to a 100k. This will give you about 10sec.

What is the amperage this motor need to run. Do you have enough experience to build a 2-3v supply or do you want us to show you. If you know how, then just connect the supply to the center connector of the relay and the "NO" connector to the motor.If the motor use less than 100mA, use a LM317L. Check the data sheet for more information

Press the start button on the mono stable and the motor will turn off after the pre-set time