Need 100V AC (1kHz-100kHz) low wattage source

ponjavic

Joined May 4, 2011
The H bridge has an odd feature. It will allow you to make apparently twice the P-P voltage as the power supply. Look at the link that was provided and see if you can figure out why.
Yeah I get it, as the voltage applied is always from V+ to V- or vice versa.
I guess I should be able to find a 50V supply then more easily :) cheers.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Yeah I get it, as the voltage applied is always from V+ to V- or vice versa.
I guess I should be able to find a 50V supply then more easily :) cheers.
But did you not want 100 volt as amplitude, or 200 volt peak to peak. This is somewhat important. But the H bridge solution approach will still apply.
To be sure value one is the amplitude value, and value two is the peak to peak value

ponjavic

Joined May 4, 2011
But did you not want 100 volt as amplitude, or 200 volt peak to peak. This is somewhat important. But the H bridge solution approach will still apply.
To be sure value one is the amplitude value, and value two is the peak to peak value
But with a full bridge you get the voltage from v- to gnd to v+ which is 50+50 (and the same thing when the bridge switches polarity)? I thought this was what Bill was getting at.

Naturally this requires a source that is +-50V (which is effectively 100V).

With the batteries I would still need a 100V...

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
But with a full bridge you get the voltage from v- to gnd to v+ which is 50+50 (and the same thing when the bridge switches polarity)? I thought this was what Bill was getting at.

Naturally this requires a source that is +-50V (which is effectively 100V).

With the batteries I would still need a 100V...
With a power supply equal to 50 volt DC, or a battery. you will get 100 volt peak to peak. But the highest voltage you will measure, on your test object will only be 50 volt max, at any given time. Not 100 volt.

ponjavic

Joined May 4, 2011
For anyone who might be doing anything similar, the solution is quite simple. I cheated :p

Took the spacing down from 5mm to 0.5mm to get ~100V/cm which is more than enough for my application.

Thanks to anyone who provided suggestions, I am sure if someone else needs to do 100V, they will be very helpful.