*NE555* 60s timer with relay trigger @ end

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by amaxonor, Apr 29, 2010.

1. amaxonor

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 13, 2009
    So what I want to make is a 60second timer using a 555. It should be a "one-shot" circuit, that is triggered by a push switch. Then the countdown from 60. Once it reaches 0 I want it to then activate a relay. HOW in the world do I do this:confused::confused::confused:....Thanks!
  2. mik3

Feb 4, 2008
    You power the circuit and you want a relay to turn on after 60 once you press a button or once the power is on?

How will you turn the relay off?
  3. amaxonor

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Well I really don't need to seeing as the relay will close a circuit containing a camera flash capacitor and some 50AWG wire. the wire be vaporized by the capacitor which will in turn trigger another camera device. So the closing of the relay doesnt matter seeing as the 50AWG will act as an "open switch" once it ceases to exist =)
  4. Bernard

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 7, 2008
    Howabout two 555's, one for 60 sec delay, second to activate relay for 1/10 sec.
  5. kingdano

Apr 14, 2010
    if all you want is to push a button and trigger a relay then i would suggest simply buying a device to do so - they are called "delay on make" relays

here is one company that offers them

if you want to build it yourself, look for bill marsden - he is the 555 guru around here.