Naughty Badminton

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I think some of the cycling events are odd, especially the keirin. I'd call archery, shooting and fencing hobbies rather than sports. In my opinion the silliest sport is curling in the winter olympics.
If there wasn't a rule against it, I don't see anything wrong with what the badminton players were trying to do. They were trying to win the event, not the match. I've done it myself in a different sport, aiming for third place in a semi final to get a better lane for the final, but that wasn't against the rules as far as I'm aware.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
For real Badminton is a Olympic sport....

Think my mom could a been a competitor back in the day,she would own at family picnics.

What other silly activities have they made into Olympic sports?

Olympic level yard darts sounds awesome,maybe pro duck-duck-goose..
In some countries badminton IS a real competitive sport. In the Philippines, my observation was that basketball is the main sport, followed by badminton, and competitive 'really fast cup stacking'.

All depends on you viewpoints and what you grew up with. I agree with Markd77; curling is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. But so is running around in circles when you think about it. And what about the biathlon; shooting rifles while skiing? Is that a sport? It's pretty awesome but I don't know about a sport.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I was shocked to see parachuting.??? What really gets me though is I look at the olympic women swimming and their in full body suits, where volleyball they have em in skimpier bikini's then a strip club.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Just saw on news Waterpolo had a wardrobe malfunction, nothing big, pg-10 at tops. Its on youtube even. Every olympics it happens though last years chinese girl was much better then this one.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
Badminton is a real sport just as tennis is!

Fencing, archery and shooting have roots from the early olympics, which tested things men had to be good at in war.

There is one event which tests the skills a good officer should have - horse riding, fencing, etc.

Curling isn't silly - just different. Roots in Scotland where it was played on frozen lochs. It's a very old sport.