National Technical Honor Society

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Maintenance Man, May 16, 2011.

1. Maintenance Man

Thread Starter New Member

May 12, 2010
    On 5-13-2011, I was inducted in to the National Technical Honor society at the career ready/ tech school I am currently going to and will also be getting an associate degree in Electronics technology from a local college in 2 years because of going to school part time. How important is this membership to potential employers? I got this for having good grades and being a good student. I am sure it will get the attention of most employers. I have over 17 years of industrial electrical/ electronic experience to go along with it. I like to think I am a good candidate for electronics jobs. Some feedback would be greatly appreciated; I value the opinions from so many professionals in the field. Thank you very much.
    Maintenance Man
  2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Never heard of it. I have been in the workforce over 30 years, about 20 of that as a machine maintenance tech, with similar qualifications to yours (Eastern Oklahoma State College). Can they help you find a job? I don't mean as a line on a resume, I mean pointing you to job openings?
  3. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    Can't hurt to included it in the resume...
  4. KJ6EAD

Apr 30, 2011
    How much are the dues? Never mind, I checked, $25 one time membership and they have a full catalog of logo merchandise.;) They also have 75 $1000 scholarships.

Some of the "professional associations" are a guy/girl in his/her basement with a computer.
    Last edited: May 16, 2011