National Instruments MultiSim, or something else?

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by Fordy, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Fordy

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 29, 2011
    I've been long looking for some better software.

I haven't previously paid, but I'm prepared to pay a small amount for something worthwhile. (Student discount helps!)

I've been playing with a now expired evaluation licence of NI MultiSim, which seems pretty good.

I also quite liked DesignSpark from RS, but MultiSim seems like a more sustainable/reliable idea.

Obviously there's only so much variation between them anyway - but is there an 'industry standard', or one that, in your experience, is pretty prominent throughout industry?

(Oh and yes, for the sake of being transparent I have posted this on a couple of other forums too - just because I want a range of responses.)
  2. crutschow

Mar 14, 2008
    P-Spice is probably the most widely used Spice program in the industry, but I like Multisim Electronic Workbench because it's generally easier to use, with benchtop type instruments (oscilloscope, function generator, etc.) you can add to the schematic, and it allows more interactive control of the simulation (such as being able to start and stop the simulation with a mouse click, and controlling schematic switches and adjusting potentiometers from the keyboard while the simulation is running).