Name this connector !!

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by gerty, May 26, 2016.

1. gerty

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Aug 30, 2007
    At school here we have a couple of low voltage motor control trainers. The components are connected via pin jacks and plugs. Our new model uses a different, smaller version of a pin connector that I'm trying to identify .The single pic is what it looks like, it's stackable and the sides of the pin are collapsible like a banana plug but much smaller.
    The pin connector measures approx .080" in dia. The newer one is about .074". The older .080 pins can be forced into the newer .074 sockets, which ruins them( spreads them open) .I've looked all over and cannot find any reference to them.
    The original vendor only sells the jumpers in a complete kit. We want to buy some connectors, make our own cables with a small connector on one end and the larger on the other end, allowing us to tie two or three of these consoles together. We already have some of the pin connectors on cables with banana plugs on the other end allowing us to use photo eyes and prox switches from other trainers. We just cannot find a source, or even a type name for the smaller connectors.
    Anybody out there familiar DSC00239.JPG DSC00239.JPG DSC00240.JPG with these? My mouse finger must've stuttered, I have 2 of the small ones..

2. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    Search Digikey for Banana and tip connectors.
    Max.

3. gerty

Aug 30, 2007
    Been there..done that, also Allied, Mouser, Newark.. thanks though..

4. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    Without some dimensions, it is hard to be precise (i.e., a part number). I agree with Max that the top and bottom are banana type. The spring leaf portion of the bottom jack rotates. Actually, Radio Shack used to have some decent ones. Pomona is/was a well know name for a manufacturer, but I think it may have been purchased.

John

5. gerty

Aug 30, 2007
    Pomona is still in business, and they don't have them, then again I may be searching under the wrong name.
    Here's a pic with some crudely added dimensions.

6. gerty

Aug 30, 2007
  7. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    gerty likes this.
  8. gerty

Aug 30, 2007
    Looks like you nailed it !! Thanks for the help..:)

9. gerty

Aug 30, 2007
    And what would that be ??