NAD 7150 Stereo receiver no sound output

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Nadle, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Nadle

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 21, 2010
    I have an old NAD 7150 Stereo Receiver. There is no sound on the speaker output. At the rear panel, I see no bar linked, so I connected (Pre-out-Main In) RCA sockets with 2x RCA lead jack pins (jumper about 2 feet long to test it). There are two RCA socket holes (L&R) for Pre-out and similary another two socket holes for Main-In. And I still did not get sound.

The other day without RCA to RCA Lead jumper, I got very faint sound. Today with or without RCA to RCA Lead jumper, I got no sound at all.
    Do you think I should be getting its original short Pre-out-Main-In RCA Lead Jumper? What else could be the problem?

Regards

2. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    Can u draw ur connections and show us what u are doing

3. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    One noisy test of the amps is to hold the shaft of a screwdriver and touch the left and right input RCA connectors inner portions. The 60 Hz buzz should be very loud. if the amps are working.

If not, check obvious things like power supply rails and output transistors. A meter is very useful.

4. marshallf3

Jul 26, 2010
    Pre out / Main in should just be connected together with a simple pair of RCA jumpers.

It whould work if you've got your switches set correctly, if not then you've got to determine if the amplifier or the peramplifier side is at failt.

Plug some open-ended cables into the "Main In" jacks and touch the cener pins, you should get a decent buzz from the speakers. If not, then the amp's at fault.